• 3 cups milk (any kind of milk will do)
• 1/8 cup cocoa powder
• 1/8 cup sugar or maple syrup
(less if you don’t want it as sweet)
• 1 tablespoon molasses
• 1 ½ teaspoons ground ginger
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
• 3 ½ ounces good quality chocolate,
chopped (milk or dark, your preference!)
• Humboldt Apothecary’s Love Potion Tincture
• Whipped cream to top
Combine the milk, cocoa powder, sugar, molasses, ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar, spices, and cocoa powder have dissolved and the milk is lightly steaming, about 5 minutes. Do not let the mixture boil.
Whisk in the chocolate a little at a time until the mixture is smooth.
Pour into mugs, add your desired dose of Love Potion (we recommend 1 dropperful per serving), and top with whipped cream. Delish!